Translate
Thursday, October 4, 2012
Week 1
On Saturday night I watched the documentary Soldier Child on DocumentaryWire. This heart-breaking film featured a rehabilitation center in Northern Uganda for children that have kidnapped by the Lord's Resistance Army and forced to kill, beat, and maim people, or for girls, become sex slaves. When I first started watching I was appalled by the horrible acts that these poor children were forced to commit. I honestly don't know if I could knife someone to death, bathe in their blood, and still have some sanity. But when I continued to watch the movie I suddenly became proud and awe-struck of the social workers and counselors that work at the center for little or no visible reward. Learning about the situation of Uganda earlier from a relative I had known what was going on and my stance on: that the acts being committed in the "name of the lord" were purely awful life-changing things that need to be stopped. Soon. The specific events that made me feels these things even more was that several boys and I shared a common love: soccer. They would play it almost everyday like I do, even though are lives are drastically different.
Labels:
documentary,
Soldier Child,
Week 1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment